This month the Friends of Tolson & Ravensknowle have been in existence for five years. It is unbelievable that it is 5 years since we planted the tree to launch the ‘Friends’. Fortunately the tree is still there and so are we! So what have we done!
- We were awarded £100k to create the Heritage Memorial Garden to the rear of Tolson Museum. This is now finished and we have a group of people who help look after the garden, though more help would be appreciated.
- We have programme of events in the summer in the performance area in the Garden. The ‘Friends’ serve refreshments at these events.
- We have a monthly Tea & Cake meeting on the second Wednesday of the month in the Museum. We have a full programme of speakers and activities and it includes a summer trip in June and a Christmas Party.
- We serve Cream Teas in the lovely Morning Room on certain Sundays.
- We have a very successful annual Christmas Fair
- Our popular Motorbike Show gets bigger every year.
- We raised the money to start the Tolson Junior Parkrun. We have between 40 and 50 children running every Sunday. The event is run by Parkrun volunteers with the ‘Friends’ providing some marshals. The ‘Friends’ also provide refreshments after the event in the hut on the Bowling Green. The Tolson Junior Parkrun celebrated its first birthday on the 23rd April when 62 children ran. This picture is of a cold Sunday morning where the children with parents are gathering waiting for the off.
Heritage Memorial Garden
Events in the Garden
Bring your seats. Refreshments
Sunday 18th June. 2pm
Brass in the Garden
Sunday 2nd July. 2pm
Sunday 16th July. 2pm
Jazz in the Garden
Sunday 10th Sept. 2pm
Classic Motorbike Show
Saturday 16th Sept. 12 noon
‘In the Deep End’
Tolson Museum Tea & Cake
2 .00 – 3.30 2nd Wed in month
Book stall. Free event
Visit to Tropical World, Roundhey Park. Leave Tolson Museum at 12noon. £16
Must book by end of May.
work of the hospice today
opportunity to have a go
spy is here at the Museum!
An interactive smartphone app designed for children aged between 4-11.
More things to do. Come and join us.
Every Thursday 12noon—1pm
Pins & Needles
2-4pm 24th May, 28th June, 26th July, 28th August.